null 1ST INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH COMPETITION ON PSICO-SOCIAL INTERVENTION, ARTS AND ART THERAPY of Research on Psycho-social intervention, Art and Art-Therapy
1ST INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH COMPETITION ON PSICO-SOCIAL INTERVENTION, ARTS AND ART THERAPY of Research on Psycho-social intervention, Art and Art-Therapy23 feb 2012
1st INTERNATIONAL CALL FOR PRIZES OF RESEARCH, LAUNCHED BY THE RESEARCH CENTER OF PSYCHO-SOCIAL INTERVENTION, ARTS AND ART-THERAPY OF THE TOWN-COUNCIL OF ARCHENA "LA ESCALERA", THE UNIVERSITY OF MURCIA AND THE RESEARCH GROUP “ART AND IDENTITY POLICIES”.
The Center of Research on Psycho-Social intervention, Arts and Art-therapy of the town-council of Archena "La Escalera", the University of Murcia and the Research Group "Art and Identity Policies", with the objective of promoting research in these fields, are pleased to announce the 1st International Call of "Prizes of Psycho-Social Research, and Research on Community Art and Art-therapy”.
TERMS AND CONTIDIONS OF THE CALL
- Only 2 entries can be submitted by each entrant, be it one or more authors (works signed by up to 3 authors are eligible)
CONDITIONS FOR PAPERS
- Works must be unpublished and can not be in the process of being published nor should they have entered any other competition.
- All topics are eligible whenever they are in relation to the fields of psycho-social intervention, community art or art-therapy.
- Project of Research and Review and/or Intervention Project are the two elibible modalities. The description and sections of each modality are available in annex 1.
- The deadline for the reception of entries and complementary documents (duly filled in) will finish 29 September 2012 at 14:00h.
CONDITIONS FOR ENTRIES
- Together with each original work, 1 paper copy must be submitted in a closed envelop clearly marked “I CONVOCATORIA INTERNACIONAL DE PREMIOS DE INVESTIGACIÓN PSICO-SOCIAL, ARTE COMUNITARIO Y ARTETERAPIA”, together with a CD including 2 copies in a more advanced version than Word 97 or in PDF.
- For the author to remain anonymous, works will be entered under a seudonym.
- The entry will include:
-1 paper copy with the pseudonym and the title of the work
-2 copies in a CD with the pseudonym and the title of the work
-1 closed envelop with a document including:
· The pseudonym
· The authors’ names and surnames
· National Identification Number
· Contact details (e-mail and telephone numbers)
Authors' brief CV reference
- Entries will be sent by certified post, under pseudonym, to the following address:
Centro de Servicios Sociales del Ayuntamiento de Archena
- Manuscripts must not exceed 80 pages, written in double-spaced lines with a 3cm left margin, besides the pages containing pictures and annexes. They must be submitted in Spanish or English, in white A4 single sided pages and written in 12 point Arial font. Pages must be numbered and a summary no longer than 150 words must be enclosed.
The titles, sections and subsections will be in bold letters and never in capital letters. All paragraphs will be tab-indented but the first paragraph following any main section.
All bibliographical references will be integrated in the text (never on footnotes) and will be alphabetically ordered at the end, under the heading "References". All quotations will respect the indications of the "American Psychological Association (APA)" as stated in its Publication Manual (4th ed., Washington, 1994 or subsequent versions). The authors' surnames must be written in lower case letters (except for the first letter which must be in capital letters).
(article): Westall, R., Perkey, M.N. y Chute, D.L. (1986). Accurate millisecond timing on the Apple Macintosh using Drexler's Millitimer. Behavior Research Methods, Instruments, and Computers, 18, 307-311.
(book): Rayner, K. y Pollatsek, A. (1989). The psychology of reading. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall.
(chapter): Holland, J.C (1989). Fears and Abnormal reactions to cancer in physically healthy individuals. In J.C. Holland and J.H. Rowland (Eds.), Handbook of Psychooncology (pp. 13-21). New York: Oxford University Press.
When texts were taken from internet, the URL as well as the date when they were obtained must be given.
Literal quotations included in the text will be: (a) when the quotation is less 3 lines, in quotation marks; (b) whet it is 3 lines or more, it will be indented only on the left margin. In both cases, the author(s)' surname, the year of publication and the page(s) from which it was obtained will appear among brackets.
When references are to two authors both of them should be quoted (i.e Rayner and Pollatsek, 1989). In references to a work of more than 2 authors and less than 6 authors, all of them will be mentioned when it appears for the first time. In the rest of cases only the first author's surname will be mentioned and will be followed by the expression "et al." (from latin "et alii", "and others", not underscored, in italics) and the year of publication.
Notes will be preferably footnotes. Only in very justified cases will be included at the end of the text, just before the list of references.
Tables and figures, together with their corresponding titles and legends, will be included in the text in their rightful places. In case of special figures requiring a particular computer programme for graphics, they will be sent in a separate file (where it is specified the graphic programme in use). In addition, a final sheet in the file where the work is included will also include the titles and legends, consecutively numbered, of the corresponding tables/figures. In case figures and tables are included at the end, the place or places where they must be inserted should be clearly indicated in the text.
The title must be on the bottom (Figure 1:...) of figures, and on top of tables. It is advisable to refer to one figure by marking among brackets and inmediately after (see Fig. 1).
- Research works must respect the order of the chosen modality of the project.
- The judging panel will consist of one President and 6 members: 1 member of the Center of Psycho-social, Arts and Art-Therapy Research "La Escalera", 3 members of the University of Murcia (Faculty of Psychology, Faculty of social Work and Faculty of Fine Arts), 1 member of Spanish Federation of Professional Associations of Art-therapy and 1 member of the Euromediterranean University. Three advisory committees will advise the Jury.
- Entries not meeting the above mentioned requirements will not be eligible and will not be judged. Entries that are not awarded will be available for collection from the day after the winner’s announcement and during the next 60 days.
- The jury’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The decision will be announced on the 31 October 2012.
- Should the jury consider that no work is of sufficient high quality to merit the award, the prize could go unawarded.
- The entries assesment criteria will be as follows:
· Innovating approach
· Research methodology
· Wide and accurate use of bibliographical references
· Good scientific writing
- The Center keeps the right to publish the awarded entries in the professional communication means and national or international reviews that may be deemed convenient, though the authors’ names and the copyright of the awarded entry will always be mentioned.
- In applying, entrants are assumed to accept these Terms and Conditions.
More questions and consultations, please write to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Three entries will be selected, one per field of research, and prioritized as a winning award of 1.500€ for the first placed entry, a runner-up award of 1.000€ for the second placed entry and a third place award of 500€.
The 3 selected entries will be presented as Guest Conference in the 1st International Congress on Pyscho-Social, Community Art and Art-Therapy Intervention” organised by the University of Murcia and the Town-Council of Archena by the end of 2012. Prizes will be delivered during the Congress.
ANNEX 1. DESCRIPTION OF ENTRY MODALITIES
The Research Project must be approached as a scientific process, that is, making use of a scientific method in order to collect all information and to formulate hypothesis on any of the fields included in the call as well as implementing different research methodologies. Thus, the body of the work and the conclusions thereof will take as starting point the collected data that will finally help to confirm or reject the hypothesis.
The project structure must include the following sections:
· Title.It must describe the essential contents of the work with expository sentences. It must not exceed 15 words.
· Debate and/or conclusions
· Bibliographical references.
It is a planned and systematic intervention answering a question on any of the fields of this call. The following sections should be included:
·Expected results in relation to other programmes reviewed.
·Description of the programme
ANNEX 2. CONSENT FORM
CONSENT FOR PICTURES TO BE PUBLISHED
Person who informs (informant):
I hereby declare:
My free consent to be taken a picture.
I understand that the pictures intend to promote knowledge. Its use will be exclusively for research and teaching and I will remain anonymous according to the following Spanish laws: Ley Orgánica 15/1999 de 13 de diciembre, Protección de Datos de Carácter Personal, Real Decreto 994/1999, de 11 de junio.
I’m aware that I can withdraw my consent at any moment and that this decision will not affect the way I’m treated now or I’ll be in the future.
Signature of the participant
Signature of the shown person
Signature of informant:
Representation due to:
Interested party’s willness
¨Interested party’s disability
SIGNATURE BY POWER OF ATTORNEY
-Campus Mare Nostrum. Universidad de Murcia
-School of Psychological Practices of the University of Murcia
-University of Haifa, Israel
-University of Crete, Greece
-Spanish Federation of Professional Associations of Art-Therapy+
-Spa of Archena
 National Identification Number