null University of Murcia joins the Mediterranean Universities Union UNIMED
University of Murcia joins the Mediterranean Universities Union UNIMED31 mar 2020
10th January 2020
After the meeting held by the General Assembly last December days 12th and 13th in Rome, the University of Murcia is officially part of this network of universities with projects in different fields of action, among others, tangible and intangible cultural heritage, economy, energy, environment, transport, health, media, new technologies, history, agriculture and tourism.
Founded in 1991, the Network designs activities with the firm purpose of integrating the two shores of the Mediterranean coast which constitute the area of the member universities:
- Promotion of the international dimension of universities.
- Planning and fundraising activities: information on calls for proposals and opportunities offered by European and international organizations; research partnerships; technical assistance; planning; dissemination.
- Support for the mobility of students, researchers and academics in the Euro-Mediterranean region.
- Technical assistance in the development of quality assurance in higher education.
- Establishment of thematic subnetworks, to promote scientific cooperation in specific fields.
- Organisation of national and international conferences, workshops, seminars and round tables.
Nowadays, the Network is formed by 127 universities from 23 countries (including Morocco, Qatar, Syria, United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Palestine, Oman, Libya, Lebanon, Jordan, Greece, Finland and Italy) and works closely with governments and other networks/partners at the Euro-Mediterranean level (Union for the Mediterranean, EMUNI, Téthys, Unica).
The University of Murcia now joins the Spanish presence in the network, formed so far by the universities of Barcelona, Granada and Gerona. At the same Assembly, six universities from the Euro-Mediterranean region also confirm their membership: Aix-Marseille University (France), Isra University (Jordan), Libyan International Medical University and University of Zawia (Libya), Al-Furat University (Syria) and Manisa Celal Bayar University (Turkey).
This information can be consulted in more detail at http://www.uni-med.net/unimed-
We invite you to know more about the network and its projects at:
http://www.uni-med.net/ and http://www.uni-med.net/
Traslation carried out by the trainees Patricia Peñaranda Tello y Carmen María Sánchez Vidal, students of “Grado de Traducción e Interpretación de la Universidad de Murcia”