Medsouk, the 1st International Conference For Young Mediterranean Researchers, was organized by the Campus of International Excellence Mare Nostrum 23-25 October 2013.
The goal of the Conference was twofold: as an Institution focused on excellent research practice, Campus Mare Nostrum set out to provide Mediterranean researchers with a forum to present inspiring, work-in-progress research in all the areas of knowledge and science, including Art and Humanities, Legal and Social Sciences, Health Sciences, Life Sciences and Engineering;
second, we were interested in creating a public forum that ignites debate and fosters active participation of young researchers in the Mediterranean by bringing together individuals from different areas of Europe and the Mediterranean to discuss issues of interest for the young researcher such as career development, internationalization, and the possibilities of cooperation in the Mediterranean area.
As part of the training mission of Campus Mare Nostrum, the Conference provided constructive feedback from senior researchers and workshops on key aspects of the research practice as well as to create a collaborative atmosphere where Mediterranean participants can exchange ideas on shared concerns.
Here is a selection of the presentations of MEDSOUK 2013:
- Some aspects of Research in Humanities by María José Alcaraz (University of Murcia)
- Research & Internationalization by José Luis García (CIB-CSIC)
- Science, behind social revolutions: what’s next? Quantum technology, by Javier Prior (UPCT)
- Life sciences in the XXI century, by Marcos Egea Gutiérrez-Cortines (UPCT)
- Calidad de la Investigación y métodos de medición en el actual contexto nacional e internacional, by Álvaro Cabezas (EC3 Group - UGR)
- Marie Curie Actions. From 7PM to HORIZON 2020, by Susana Gimeno (UPCT, European Projects Office)
- Writing research articles in English, by Adrian Wallwork (Author, lecturer and consultant)