Hassan II Institute of Agronomy and Veterinary Medicine will organize in collaboration with the European Union, an International Conference on sustainable water use for securing food production in the Mediterranean region under changing climate that will take place on 10th to 15th of March 2013 in Agadir, Morocco.
- Campus Mare Nostrum congratulates the University of Alexandria (Egypt) for the international projects the university gained this year, namely:
a) 10 projects awarded by the Science & Technology Development Fund (STDF) with a total budget of 16,469,745.00 EGP
b) 7 TEMPUS Projects aiming at enhancing higher education in Egypt
c) 1 ENPI project awardedwith a total budget of 497,294€
d)1 FP7 project
- GITTC "Grants, Innovation and Technology Transfer Center" in Alexandria (Egypt) aims at:
1) supporting staff , researchers , students , academics and industry to obtain grants and funds needed to care for research and travel opportunities.
2) Developing a sustainable system of Innovation, Technology Transfer and Entrepreneurship.
·3) The protection , management and licensing of intellectual property rights.
More information here
- UNIMED General Assembly, held in Lecce, at the University of Salento (Italy) decided on two initiatives to promote the Mediterranean mobility of young university students: the launch of UNIMED STUDENTS and the launch of a petition to the European Union to adopt the Mediterranean Programs Erasmus and Leonardo da Vinci.
Further information here
- I Forum of Unimed Studentsin Istanbul at Aydin University15th to 17th July, 2012. UNIMED - Mediterranean Universities Union - and Aydin University celebrated the I Forum with the aim to improve the role and the participation of youth generations in the field of Mditerranean Cooperation.
Further information here
- The University of Tunis El Manar, theUniversity of Milan (Italy), theUniversity of Ioannina (Greece) in collaboration withtheHigher Institute for Biotechnology of Sidi Thabet and theUniversity of Manouba, organise the 3rd BIODESERT International Workshop “MICROBIAL DIVERSITY IN DESERT EXTREME ENVIRONMENT”. July 9-11th, 2012
- The International Center for Advanced Mediterranean Agronomic Studies (France) andthe Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Zaragoza (Spain)will organize an International Seminar on the Future of the Olive Oil Sector in the Mediterranean. Zaragoza, Spain, from 26 to 28 November 2012.
- The University of Jordan will hold the 15th Scientific Congress of Pharmacy Colleges of the Arab World and the 3rd International Conference of the Faculty of Pharmacy: "Recent Trends and Advances in Pharmacy". From 9 to 11 October 2012in Jordan.
- The University Sidi Mohamed Ben Abdellah (Marruecos) is looking for partners in different fields of study in order to cooperate in the 7th Framework Programme.
Further information: Recherche de partenaires : 7ème PCRD
- The University of Oran (Algeria) will hold the 1st International Congress on Nutrition in December 2012.
- The University of Science and Technology Houari Boumediene(Algeria) will hold, from 14 to 17th October 2012, the 3rd International Symposium of Theoretical Chemistry.
- The Chambre of Commerce, Industry and Services of Casablanca makes international business opportunities available.
- The General Union of Chambers of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture of Arabic Countries (UGCCIAPA), the European Bank of investment and the European Commission willorganise the Euro-Arab Economic Forum on the 12th and 13th September in Beirut (Lebanon).
- The University Mulay Ismaïl (Meknés, Morocco) and theInstitute of Political Studies of Lyon (France)organise the international meeting "Penser la sociologie comme science et comme engagement social : repérages épistémologiques" from 28 octobre 2012 to 4 novembre 2012.
- An-Nahaj University (Palestine)will hold The Fifth International Conference "The Role of Translation in the Dialogue of Civilizations" from 16 to 17 September 2012.
- The University Fernando Pessoa (Portugal)will hold in September 2012 (on the 5 and 7) the 5th International Conference on Environmentally-Compatible Forest Products.